Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Let Me See Your Tootsie Roll

I was having a fabulous, amazingly awesome weekend. I had ENERGY.

I have started taking some supplements: CQ10 Enzyme, Calcium + Magnesium, Cod Liver Oil, and a full spectrum vitamin. I've been reading The Gluten Connection and wanted to try the approach the author suggests to heal your body. The f.s. vitamins I bought say "gluten-free" on the label but also list brewer's yeast as an ingredient. WTF? So I need to contact the manufacturer before I take those. Also, the magnesium seemed to cause some diarrhea so I stopped taking that one.

I also have tried to change the way I eat each day to see if that would help with the blood sugar problems I was having. I found this doctor's suggested schedule very helpful which she bases on your body's natural spikes during the day.

Breakfast: 8 am or as soon as you wake up. Include protein.
Snack: 9 am
Lunch: 11 am - Noon
Snack: 2 - 3 pm
Dinner: 5 - 6 pm (lightest meal of the day)
Snack: 1 hour before bed (no refined sugar)

I don't know if it was this new schedule, or the supplements, or both, but I felt great. Which was good timing since it was the bf's birthday.

But then I made a big mistake. I forgot to pack a snack to eat at school on Monday. I had my lunch around 2pm and then was feeling hungry when class got out at 4. Our school doesn't have the best selection of gluten-free snacks so I quickly read some labels and bought a tootsie roll. You know, the long ones? I don't know what the hell I was thinking. It was probably the worst time of day to have nothing but sugar. By the time I got home I had a terrible episode and had to crash. After that happens, it takes a while to feel back to my normal self. Tomorrow I have two tests- Algebra and Anthropology. Here's hoping I have a clear brain. You bet your ass I will be packing some snacks with little sugar and lots of protein.

Oh, also I got test results back from the doctor on my iron and thyroid and both are fine. Next step is to see an allergist.

No comments:

Post a Comment